2018 KTM 450 XC-F
Call for Price
The 2018 450 XC-F is the ultimate READY TO RACE cross-country race machine. Building on the updated for 2017 450 SX-F, KTM’s engineers have checked all of the boxes to make the 450 XC-F an off-road winner. Updated damping settings on the WP AER 48 fork and rear shock, new clutch plates and revised radiator guards further enhance the 450 XC-F. XC specific equipment such as the translucent polyethylene 2.25 gallon fuel tank, hand guards and an 18" rear wheel ensure that the 450 XC-F is unstoppable in off-road closedcourse competition.
- UPDATED WP AER 48 front fork with a sophisticated air spring design and separate damping for easy adjustment to any track condition, rider weight or skill level. A new setting improves damping.
- UPDATED rear suspension damping settings are perfectly matched to the WP AER 48 front fork.
- NEW radiator guards provide better airflow in muddy conditions.
- NEW C4 bearing fitted to the transmission shaft for a bigger overlap in the cases for improved reliability at high operating temperatures.
- NEW clutch plates from nitrated steel for reduced wear on the steel clutch basket.
- NEW stronger lithium-ion battery provides more reliable starting while still being extremely lightweight.
- NEW MIM (Metal Inject Molded) shift star provides a stronger surface for improved reliability.
- Handlebar map switch that also activates traction control and launch control for enhanced traction for the start, middle and end of the race
- Handlebar clamps feature a separated lower clamp and bridge-type upper clamp for more torsional stiffness.
- A lightweight chromoly steel frame provides high torsional rigidity with less longitudinal stiffness resulting in excellent handling and energy absorption
- KTM’s “No Dirt” footpeg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the footpeg is always in the correct position.
- Super lightweight Galfer Wave rotors, CNC machined hubs, Giant rims and Dunlop GEOMAX AT81 tires.
- Airbox and filter design provides maximum performance with fast “no tools” air filter changes.
- “No Dirt” shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition.
- Off-road specific additions such as hand guards, a side stand and a 18” rear wheel ensures the 2018 KTM 450 XC-F is READY TO RACE
- Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke
- Displacement: 449.9cc
- Bore/Stroke: 95.0/63.4 mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.7.5:1
- Starter/Battery: Electric Starter / 12V, 3Ah
- Transmission: 5 Gears
- Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 44mm Throttle Body
- Lubrication: Pressure lubrication with 2 oil pumps
- Primary Ratio: 31:76
- Final Drive: 13:48
- Cooling: Liquid Cooling
- Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DDS-Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
- Ignition: Keihin EMS
- Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
- Subframe: Aluminum
- Handlebar: Neken, Aluminum Ø 28/22mm
- Front Suspension: WP Suspension AER 48 USD Ø 48mm
- Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock 5018 BAVP DCC with Linkage
- Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 310 mm / 12.2 in.; 300 mm / 11.81 in.
- Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm / 10.24 in.; 220 mm / 8.66 in.
- Front/Rear Rims: 1.60x 21, 2.15 x 18 Giant
- Front/Rear Tires: 80/100-21 in.; 110/100-18 in. Dunlop AT81
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Silencer: Aluminum
- Steering Head Angle: 26.1 deg.
- Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
- Wheelb.ase: 1,485mm ± 10 mm / 58.5 ± 0.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 370mm / 14.6 in.
- Seat Height: 960 mm / 37.8 in.
- Tank Capacity, Approx: 8.5 L / 2.25 gal.
- Weight (without fuel), Approx: 101.4 kg/ 223.5 lb.
- Engine Type
- Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke
- 449.9 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 95.0 x 63.4 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EFI, 44mm Throttle Body
- Keihin EMS
- Front Suspension
- WP Suspension AER 48 USD Ø 48mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP Monoshock 5018 BAVP DCC with Linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Dry Weight
- 223.5 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.25 gal.
- Ground Clearance
- 14.6 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in.
- 5 Gears
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.